Thursday, February 20, 2014

I AM THE MASTER COMMANDER



So, if you haven't seen the youtube video called "Ghost in the Stall" by Olan Rogers, I suggest you go watch it. I haven't seen it myself, but my companion quotes it to me daily and I feel as if I have watched the whole thing. It sounds like it is hilarious and I hope that all of you will watch it, even if it is only so I can live vicariously through you.

The reason I bring this up, is because this week, I felt like "THE MASTER COMMANDER;" which is a line from the video. Here is why:

On Monday of this last week, Hermana Miller and I went in for a lesson with our not-so-favorite "investigator." Our investigators here are really just our teachers acting as other people, so sometimes they purposely make it difficult for us. One of our teachers, Hermano Matias, has recently been playing the role of and investigator named Jorge. Jorge never remembers the things we teach him and we have taught him almost everything twice. Going into our lesson on Monday, I was feeling pretty discouraged because he hasn't been progressing at all. However, it turned out to be our best lesson yet. I don't know why or how, but the spirit in that room was beyond strong! For the first time in all of my time here, I understood every single word that was spoken in the room. I couldn't tel you the words five seconds after leaving the room, but in that room while we were teaching about the importance of repentance and partaking of the sacrament each week, I literally understood every single word of Spanish. It was a true miracle! Especially because Hermano Matias speaks really really fast when he acts as investigators. It was possibly the best part of the whole week. We walked out after the lesson and both of us looked at each other, lunged forward with one knee, threw double fists in the air and exclaimed, "I am the Master Commander!" It just fit the moment.

Other than that, this week has mostly been my companion and me running around talking about how much we are going to miss each other but how we are really excited to get to the field. Many songs have been re-composed by the two of us with different lyrics about our high and low points as we prepare to leave.

Oh, also, for those "Mean Girls" fans out there, our zone has instituted an "on Wednesdays, we wear pink rule" here at the CCM. The pictorial evidence is included below for your viewing pleasure.
Anyway, I will be leaving this coming Tuesday morning for Ecuador so the next post I make will not be from Mexico, but rather from the great land of the equator!

Until then, Hasta luego!

Hermana Eyre





No comments:

Post a Comment