This
week was a little unusual because we had a training meeting for 5 zones
in a city called Quevedo. It is a city about 10 times the size of
Vinces and it has hills!!! I was so happy because I could see things at a
distance. I really don't like living where it is flat.
Anyway, it took an entire day because Quevedo is about 3 hours away by bus. We left our apartment at 6am and didn't return until 8pm.
It was 6 hours of sitting on a bus, and even more time sitting in the
chapel in Quevedo. But it was good to switch things up a bit and also to
see more of the other missionaries that are here. I got to see Elder
Cooke and Elder Tingey again. They were in my group in the CCM and I
haven't seen them since the day we got here in Ecuador. It was good to
catch up with them and talk a little bit about how things are going
here.
In our training, we talked a lot about the invitations that we
extend to our investigators. The invitations are important because if we
don't ask them to do anything new, or to change something in their
life, the gospel won't be able to help them. That is one of the things I
have learned in my time here. The gospel is perfect, but it can't help
us unless we are willing to act and make changes to be in line with its
teachings.
Hermana Crompton and I had to do a practice in front of the whole
group of missionaries. It was about 70 people. I was terrified because I
still feel like I am new here even though time moves at a snails pace
and it feels like an eternity, I still feel that I am new. My spanish
was less than perfect to say the least and I am sure there were people
thinking, "this is how they teach?" But nevertheless, we taught what we
were supposed to in the practice and afterwards my District Leader said
he thought it went better than he was expecting. It was a little
awkward, but I guess it was good to practice with the help and
suggestions of others.
Life in Vinces is more or less the same. Our investigators are
doing well right now and I am enjoying working with them and seeing
their progression. It is slow at times, but personally I think this is
better because it signifies that the changes they are making are going
to be more real and longer lasting.
Until next time! Happy Mother's Day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment