Friday, January 31, 2014

Lo Siento, No Lo Siento



You know that commonly used and somewhat stupid hashtag comment that way too many people use on Instagram and Facebook? You know the one... #sorrynotsorry, well that seems to be applicable to my entire life here at the CCM, even if it is only because my compaƱera uses it on a daily basis. Thus, the theme of my second week in the CCM is: lo siento, no lo siento.

This week was interesting because we went from being a baby district to a father district. Our district leader was made our new zone leader and we got a new district leader who couldn't be better fit for the role. We have progressed in our Spanish language skills- by small but seemingly large amounts- and we have all become even better friends than we imagined was possible. My district is my family here and I am so very grateful for them! Although, I was really sad to see our father district leave, I think the higher responsibility of being leaders has made us a better district and has made all of us as individuals better missionaries. A new district came in for our zone yesterday and we are so excited to start showing them the ropes here.

Sunday morning was rough this week though and here is why. THE BUGS IN MEXICO THINK I AM CANDY!!!! I woke up Sunday morning with a giant bug bite on my neck. It was actually huge! It looked like I had been whacked in the neck with a baseball. It got really swollen and had puss come out of it. Maybe that is too much information for all of you, but I just had to share. It was gross!! People here told me that it was just a mosquito bite, but I have never had that reaction to a mosquito bite before so who knows. Maybe the mosquitoes here are just really intense. I also got a bug bit on my leg while laying on the grass and another on my hand while sleeping last night. The second two were not as bad, but either way, apparently the bugs here think I am some kind of delicacy.

I have come to learn that P Days are some kind of wonderful! Getting the time to get ready as slow as I want, play tennis, volleyball, or lay in the sun all day is just a feeling that can't be beat. Plus, the food tends to be better on P Days. In our district, P Day is something worth writing songs for... which we did. Needless to say, my district fits my personality well.

One of my goals while I am here is to re-read the Book of Mormon from start to finish. I am about 200 pages in and it is amazing! I have read it before and I have always loved it, but there is something to be said for reading it through in a setting like this. I feel like I am getting so much insight out of it and noticing things I have never noticed or thought about before. It truly is an amazing work of literature and the fact that it contains so many gospel truths just makes it that much more amazing.

I am shorter on time this week than last week though, so I hope you enjoy the pictures below and you will be hearing from me again next week.

Much Love to ALL!!!!
Hasta luego!










No comments:

Post a Comment