Monday, March 10, 2014

Week One in Ecuador



Hello all! I don't have a great amount of time, but I figure I should update you a little bit on what has been happening here.

As I said previously, I am living in a place called Vinces. The people are wonderful and life here is just a whole different element for me. I will try to describ things a ltitle better next time, but for now, I have attached some pictures.

I experienced my first baptism as a missionary this week though! A sweet old man who my companion was teaching before I got here was baptized on Saturday and Confirmed on Sunday. His name is Venicio and he is such a sweet old man. He is very excited to have the gospel in his life and he is full of love and gratitude for God in his life.

The food and the bugs and the dirt here do not get along well with my body. I have felt sick since day one and it keeps getting worse, but I am trying to work hard to overcome it and adjust. So far, no luck, but I guess that what hope is for right?

Anyway, more to come later.







No comments:

Post a Comment